Sunday, February 15, 2009

Intel Class

I have enjoyed the Intel class so far. I found our last meeting to be the most beneficial. I learned more about creating meaningful essential questions. I feel I now have a better understanding of the importance of these questions to anchor student learning. I also enjoyed working with Microsoft Publisher. Although I have used this program before, I have not used it to create a brochure for parents. Therefore, I created a brochure to give to parents and students to introduce the 4th 9 weeks. I think parents will appreciate this form of communication that is concise, visually appealing, and easy to read. I can't wait to see the other neat things we will learn about and hopefully incorporate them into my unit plan.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,
    I think using the Dr. Seuss as as way to introduce renewable and non renewable resources is quite clever. You are right, who doesn't love Dr. Seuss?

    I also liked using the Microsoft Publisher to create something for parents. So often I get in the rut of using Word only. I agree that the parents will find this approach informative and more interesting.

    ReplyDelete